Common Household Items that Can Cause a Fire

Common Household Items that Can Cause a Fire

Posted by Billy Peshke on Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 at 11:58am.

You never want to smell smoke in your home and realize there’s a fire. That’s why it is important to be diligent about fire safety. Experts recommend that homeowners be especially careful with the following common household items: 

• Portable heaters. Never leave one in a room unattended. Make sure paper and other combustible materials are well away from these units. 

• Electronics chargers. We all want our computers, tablets and smartphones to charge quickly. The price we pay for that convenience is chargers that pull in a lot of power, making them very hot. Keep them away from combustible material, as well as other wiring. 

• Smoking materials. Be careful with cigarettes, pipes, cigars and other such items. Bedding and upholstery, which burn slowly and dangerously, are the source of 75% of smoking-related fires. 

• Candles. Never leave candles unattended for any reason. If you must leave the room, extinguish them. 

• Flammable liquids. These can include paints, thinners and some brands of cleaning products. Read labels carefully and follow the safety instructions.

To paraphrase a famous expression: An ounce of prevention is worth not having to deal with a house fire. Would you like to hear more tips? Feel free to call the Peshke Real Estate Team Today! Billy can be reached at 403-466-8353 and Yasin at 403-681-0319. 

Leave a Comment

Format example: you@domain.com
Format example: yourwebsitename.com

Sign up for email updates