MaxWell Realty has recently had the pleasure of interviewing our newest Broker/Owner Bob Dewar. Bob opened the doors of MaxWell Edge Realty in January 2021!
Check out our interview with Bob Dewar below:
1. How many years in the industry as an agent?
Renee was licensed in 2009 and I in 2013 after I retired from the Federal Government. Renee's business in real estate took off, and she needed the help, so I got licensed, and we've been a team ever since.
2. What led you to want to make the change to being an owner/broker?
We were looking at whether we should relocate back to Winnipeg. After speaking to Bill Tarrabain, he thought we'd be a great fit for bringing the brand to Winnipeg. He encouraged us to check with other Broker/Owners of MaxWell for their experience, and once we had done that, we were convinced this would be an excellent opportunity for us.
3. Was there anything that surprised you, or you may not have expected about being an owner?
The biggest surprise was the Government red tape and length of time to get up and running.
4. What are your goals for growth in your offices? Recruitment/Growth/Opening More Offices?
We hope to grow our brokerage from 2 people to 5 in 2021. We also are looking forward to finding an office space.
5. What challenges do you see for the coming year, and what plans do you have to overcome them?
The challenge is growing our Brand in Winnipeg with both clients and agents during Covid.
6. What makes you the most proud to be part of the MaxWell Family?
We love MaxWell! The support from HQ has been amazing, and we couldn't do it without them. The tools, the training, the advice, the support and everything in between.
7. What have you enjoyed the most so far about this process?
We have enjoyed reconnecting in a market that we are familiar with. We have enjoyed sharing with people how MaxWell is different and, of course awesome.
8. What are your interests outside of real estate? Sports, volunteering etc etc. help us get to know you.
We both love to travel! We are grandparents who love spending time with the grandkids.
We love community and volunteering at our church. We are also dog owners who love spending time walking the nature trails in and around Winnipeg.